Monday, December 17, 2012

Where is the ice?



It's Monday, December 17, 2012 in Vilas County, Wisconsin. Here in the northern most county of the state, a half hour south of Lake Superior, it rained over the weekend. By now we normally have a foot of ice and the big lakes are ice shanty towns. What's up?

The ten day forecast is for seasonal cold. Daily highs in the twenties. We are now past the second big thaw of the winter. When the ice forms. I encourage fishermen to have patience before venturing out. Four months of safe fishing should soon be upon us.



We opened Christmas presents early this year. My wife gave me a neat pair of well designed mittens that fold open to become fingerless gloves. She also gave me a wall rack so I would no longer have to hoist our kayak onto ceiling hooks for winter storage. My fishing partner of 44 years is looking out for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment